Wednesday 1 February 2012

Guides and Belts (and a little bonus)

I had a nice little bonus of £77 for my holiday fund yesterday. I run a Guide unit in a nearby village and am always buying bits and peices for Guides and the receipts usually disappear into the black hole of my purse. Although us leaders are unpaid, we do claim back for anything we have bought for the unit from the unit funds. So totting up my receipts for equipment, food etc came to a nice £77. Getting closer to my holiday goal.

------------------------------------------

Today my mind is mainly on tonight's challenge. I will be grading for my next belt in Aikido (a more self defence based style of martial arts) and to be honest, I am a little bit scared. I know my stuff, but it is different when you have to do it in front of the Sensei. Hoping work is really quiet so I can preactice my techniques ;).  But each belt is closer to my ultimate goal of becoming a black belt, so time to take a deep breath and get on with it!

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up on your posts.

    Firstly £77 is an amazing addition to your holiday total. I am vigilant about handing in receipts for school now after years of not bothering. It does mount up. My question is WHERE are you off to on holiday?

    I do hope the grading goes well. Haven't read the next post. You sound like quite an action lady.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete