Sunday 23 September 2012

A Simple Sunday

I usually work on a Sunday at the Tea Rooms.  Today I had someone in working but I needed to be close by in case we got really busy.  Turns out I wasn't needed afterall.

I had a lovely family day at home instead.

This was my Simple Sunday.......



  • Giving the bedrooms and bathrooms a good clean - there is satisfaction in getting a job done and seeing a tidy room. 


  • Sitting with the children doing their reading and writing.
  • Stepping out of the back door to pick our apples to make into an apple crumble
  • The weather still just about warm enough to hang out the washing. 
  • Making a Roast dinner for my family 
  • Watching the children play nicely together (this is quite rare!)
  • Children in the bath.  Pyjamas warming by the log burner.  
  • Ironing whilst watching Darling Buds of May.  
  • Now sitting in the kitchen catching up on things I need to do for the week. 


Satisfaction in simple things. 







3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely day :) Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a day off. How are the tea rooms going by the way as you don't post about them very often?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect day, with the children, those lovely apples, a roast dinner, good weather. Contentment all round!

    I see you are off to the Opera in Feb.

    We are going for my birthday in Dec-to see Carmen at the English National Opera. Where is your Opera being performed?

    Have a great week, glad the tea rooms are going well.

    ReplyDelete