Tuesday 27 September 2011

Brief Encounter



I watched Brief Encounter again this week, only for the second time.  Considering how much I love old black and white films, I am amazed it took me so long to watch this one.  But I now think that this may be my favourite film of all time.  I just adore it.  I love the setting, the story, I love the clothes and the manners, I love the way they talk and I love the ultimately doomed love affair.

This is a film for those nights when husband is out and I can curl up on the sofa, under a blanket, glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other and I can be transported to another time and place.  Bliss.

1 comment:

  1. I love this film too!

    In Cornwall we have an amazing theatre company called Kneehigh & they did Brief Encounter a couple of years ago - it absolutely blew us away... Wonderful stuff!

    Kay :)

    ReplyDelete