Tuesday 17 January 2012

How are we half way through January?

It is the 17th January and I am only just writing my goals for the year.  Or rather I have been thinking about them, but have only now got round to writing them down.

I can't be doing with giving up things, simply because it never lasts and I just end up feeling, a) like a failure and b) guilty for doing the thing I probably once enjoyed, like stuffing my face with chocolate.  What is the point?

Goals are much more fun and can be things like going to Paris or spending the day at a spa.  Much more my kind of thing.

But this year, my main goal is to be more aware.  Doesn't sound like much, but I find myself wandering though life, constantly thinking about other things, never really enjoying the moment or what I have right in front of me.  Also, I just take for granted that everything I have is always going to be there.  That those I love will always be around, that I have lots of time to do the things I love.  So I need to open my eyes to all that is around me, be aware of what I eat, drink, do, say.  Aware of how everything impacts on me, my family, the world around me, for good or bad.  Aware that I have the power to change the world.  Aware of the influence I have on my childrens lives.  I guess it is just time to take my head out of the sand and live.

That is going to be an ongoing challenge for me but at the same time, there are other things I want to achieve this year.  Some are big things, some are silly little things that I have always thought I would like to have a go at.......


  • Gain my blue belt and be on the way to my orange belt in Aikido, by the end of the year. 
  • Go to Paris with my lovely husband.
  • From planetware.com
  •  
  • RUN the 10k (need to book this one up!)
  • Light a fire without matches or flint and steel.  
  • Get a job I like (I know what job I want, just need the balls to go for it)
  • Swim in a river. 
From wildswimming.co.uk


There are plenty more, so will add to them when I can remember them.

No comments:

Post a Comment